Light Diffuser in a pinch - Dreamstime
I was in a photo workshop not too long ago and our instructor told us a great idea for creating a light diffuser in a pinch. Basically, take a kleenx and wrap it around your flash and secure with a rubber band. Easy peasy,and it works pretty well. Since I don't have an actual light diffuser yet, I keep these items in my camera bag and it helps when I need it to! For a shoehorn flash, he also said (well washed) plastic milk cartons work well. Simply cut off the spout part enough so it fits over the flash, and cut off the bottom about 2 inches from the bottom and then invert it into the jug. Believe it or not, it works BETTER than many expensive light diffusers! But I don't suggest showing up to photograph a wedding with that on your camera.....
Photo credits: Rachel Duchesne.
- Location Spotlight: Mitchelville Beach, Hilton Head Island
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather