The Only Living Goddess In The World- Kumari
Kumari is the only living,breathing goddess.Kumari means young unmarried girl.The custom of worshipping a pre-pubescent girl, who is not a born goddess, as the source of supreme power is an old Hindu-Buddhist tradition that still continues to this day in Nepal.There are several Kumaris in Kathmandu Valley. The Kumari of Kathmandu living in‘Kumari Ghar’,at Basantapur Durbar Square is regarded as the most important one and is also known as the Royal Kumari.However, these pictures are of Kumari of Patan taken during Bhoto Jatra festival.
Photo credits: Bhutri.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget