The Only Living Goddess In The World- Kumari - Dreamstime
Kumari is the only living,breathing goddess.Kumari means young unmarried girl.The custom of worshipping a pre-pubescent girl, who is not a born goddess, as the source of supreme power is an old Hindu-Buddhist tradition that still continues to this day in Nepal.There are several Kumaris in Kathmandu Valley. The Kumari of Kathmandu living in‘Kumari Ghar’,at Basantapur Durbar Square is regarded as the most important one and is also known as the Royal Kumari.However, these pictures are of Kumari of Patan taken during Bhoto Jatra festival.
Photo credits: Bhutri.
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone