Living Room On Bed
Have you ever seen such a kind of bed, a heatable brick bed? It's called as "Kang" in Chinese and very popular in northern China, especially in ancient time.
As shown in my shot, you may find the ancient people even put a small table on this kind of huge bed, which is made of brick. They treated this bed not only as a bed for the sleeping at night, but also the living room for the entire family! Women will sit around it at day time to make some meedle work; the entire family will have daily meals also around this small table on the "Kang".
The "Kang" is very comfortable for people to sit or sleep on it because it is quite cool in summer (since it is made of brick) and very warm in winter (since people can burn woods inside the "Kang")!
Isn't it interesting? Hope you will like it!
Photo credits: Huijie Li.
- When "Happily" isn't "Forever After"
- Food Photography: A Recipe For Success! (Part 2)
- Tip of the week: Understanding camera's exposure compensation feature.
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally
- Science Fiction Art: Selling Your Story!
- How to succeed in street photography as a hobbyist photographer
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles