Living by the Sea
I have always been fascinated by water, from the beautiful fragile dew drops caught in the early morning rays of the sun, to my early school science classes discovering the physical properties to the amazing power of crashing waves on rocky shores.
When I moved to beautiful San Diego recently, I think how lucky I'm to be placed so close to the Pacific, because my home town was also on the coast.
The beaches are a perfect place to practice photography- water, sand sun and even the moonlight cast amazing interplay of light, colors, contrasts and shadows.
My personal feeling is to enjoy the place first and then start looking out for photography.
The see and shoot approach doesn't work with me all times- most often I visit places without my camera, however tempting that maybe.
Once you are familiar with the place, time to get out and start shooting. I also think a lot about how water bodies act as perfect props to even the most common or uninteresting objects.
Water is one of the most beautiful subjects I love to photograph and as days go by, I hope to get lucky and capture unique moments
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to take pictures of cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media