Local photography - short tip -
We all have the need to travel a brought to get the images that we need. We have the feeling that the exotic places to us are the images that are in demand. This can work against us. Looking at Dreamstime having clients all around the globe maybe many of us could be wrong with their thinking. Your city can be important for others as well.
In recent Microstock meetings it came regularly up that there is an increasing demand for local authentic photos. Look at you city as a buyer. Photograph your local food, the people, events and buildings like churches, schools and so on. You can shoot commercial and editorial dependent what the situation allows. Try to cover everything that has value. Living in your city gives you the advantage to know all the special places that a tourist would not. Be the specialist of your city. Let buyers feel that you are the one with the needed images. Another advantage is the minimal costs. You don’t need to spend money for traveling, hotels, restaurants…..
- Photoshop: Exploring Colour Popping
- Tips for Shooting a Winter Wonderland
- 6 Unique Christmas Gift Ideas for the Photographer in Your Life
- Tips for Taking Great Pictures in the Snow
- Cameras that Fly!
- Tip of the week: Better Photo Editing Apps
- Home for the Holidays
- Longgang National Geopark, Yunyang, Chongqing, China