Long time coming
One of my recent shots was a very long time in the making. I started making waffles for breakfast when I was 8. I'd get up in the morning and mix up the batter, put it on the waffles iron and then wake my parents up with 'the waffles are going to burn if you don't get up'! Ever since then I have been a fan of homemade waffles, and now that I have kids of my own they are fans too.
Ever since I started with stock a couple of years ago I've been looking out for the perfect golden waffle to get a photo of. Not only that, it also had to be a day when the stars aligned - you see I have a way of doing my stock shots that is designed to fit into a busy lifestyle with young kids. I have a mental list of shots I'd like to get, but I rarely plan to go and do the shot. Instead I wait for the time when the shot I wanted to get presents itself. Then, with the camera nearby I get the shot and upload it. If the camera isn't handy, or the kids need attention there is always another day ;)
Anyways, here is my waffle shot, 30 years in the making:
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images