Looking at other portfolios
I think that I will stop looking through others portfolios, seeing the most popular images, the newest images. I worry too much that I might accidently copycat someone else.
I love to see everyone else's designs and yet I am concerned that it will inspire me and that inspiration may be too close to the original, or a few days from now I will design something that is a vague recollection of something I have seen by someone else.
I have a varied portfolio as you can see by these different subjects.
I think the old adage "there is nothing new under the sun" is why I think of it. It is like the person who invents something only to be too late to the patent office and someone else makes millions on it.
I don't ever want to be guilty of copying any one else and yet sometimes we can see another old adage come to pass "great minds think alike"
Photo credits: , Denise Milana Beverly.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon