Looks Can Be Deceiving
When I first joined up on Dreamstime almost 7 months ago I uploaded hundreds of photos because when at first glance they looked fantastic or I knew that they made a great 8x10 photo. After having many pictures denied I started going back and looking through my photos to see what exactly was wrong with them. Most of my refusals had the same message on them that this is a well covered subject but honestly that message did not tell me any thing since my subjects had been all animals at the time. I figured that there had to be some thing else then just a very well covered subject because I was having tons of the same subjects approved and I thought the ones that got denied was the better photos. It turns out I was not looking at my photos close enough meaning I was not looking at them 100%. Without looking at these photos at 100% I was not seeing major flaws in the picture. Dreamstime has taught me to be more critical with my photos and to always look at the photos 100%. I can say now of days most of the times my animal photos get approved. I still get denials on other subjects but I am starting to figure those out too.
Funny Pictures that got denied for not looking at 100% but made a great 8x10 (by the way I still love these shots even though they are not perfect):
- When "Happily" isn't "Forever After"
- Food Photography: A Recipe For Success! (Part 2)
- Tip of the week: Understanding camera's exposure compensation feature.
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally
- Science Fiction Art: Selling Your Story!
- How to succeed in street photography as a hobbyist photographer
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles