Lotus – The Flower Represents Gentleman
‘Most flowers that are pretty have no smell, and those that have multilayer petals do no beat fruit. How rare is a perfect talent! The lotus, however, has all these attributes.' (Translated by Lin Yutang.)
Lotus is hornored with the name of a ‘gentleman’(gentleman in chinese standard, as a matter of fact). This is because lotus is not only a perfect talent in flowers, but also shares human virtues. It shows humility and dedication, for all its body parts are hollow inside and suitable for different kinds of uses. Moreover, as it grows out of mud, but is uncontaminated, it represent people who keep himself chaste in an immoral world.
Photo credits: Guodingping.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon