Low Views, Fast Sales
The question always arises, do views translate into sales? Or what is the connection between sales and views? Basically there is no scientific formula that translates views into sales. Consider the following:
An image with high views but no sales might...
....be the result of an image that looks good at thumbnail level but doesn't look so great when viewed closer.
...have been picked up on the search engines because it has high volume, popular keywords.
...just be of a strange or curious item that buyers have no use for but are curious to look at.
... just be a beautiful image views want to see up close.
...have a lot of similar images in the database that are cheaper or better in someway.
I think the connection between views and sales is sort of in the realm of luck and happenstance although you certainly can't have sales without views or can you?
This image of mine sold with a single view!
This image sold with only 4 views!
And this diner image sold within days of uploading after only 37 views!
Meanwhile, this black and white background image of mine, which I'd consider to have great earning potential, has the most views of any in my portfolio (over 500) and has never sold (yet).
What's your story?
Photo credits: Peanutroaster.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget