The Magic Farm
A very good friend of mine that I often go on photo shoots with told me he had heard of a Magical farm in Wisconsin that had very strange animals on it.
The story goes that there are places on this farm that a compass will spin in circles and never find north.
Where the water bubbles out from the earth not from the ground but from trees.
Where at night you can never see any stars, even if the skies are clear.
Well who wouldn't be interested in a place like that? When I asked him where it was or how we would find it he told me it was way off the beaten path, and miles and miles of backroads in western Wisconsin to find it.
He told me he was visiting relatives in Wisconsin and one day in town he noticed a little old lady with what he said was a little old car that had a flat tire. He asked if she had a spare and was told it was in the trunk. after he put it on for her she told him the story and drew a map on how to get there. he asked if he could bring a trusted friend and she said yes.
So the stage was set and off we went.
Well I can't tell you how we got there but I can show you what we found.
So the next time you see an old lady that needs help, you might want to stop and help her out.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to take pictures of cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media