Mahya is a sign that is placed between two minarets in a mosque, only in ramadan month ( Muslim fasting month ) ,it began to be used since the early days of the Ottoman Empire ,at that time glass containers filled with olive oil or wax were used in the same way as if they were candles , it remained illuminated approximately two hours, until the oil or wax was finished or rain or the wind extinguished, with the discovery of electricity glass containers with oil or wax they were replaced by bulbs.
today the only one who designs and deals with putting Mahya in almost all turquia is Mr. karaman yıldız, better known as "son mahyacı" , in turkish : the last of which put the Mahya.
Photo credits: Moravaldes.
- Playing Around With Design Editing Ideas
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster