Make a lantern for Chinese New Year.
Colored paper (construction paper or gift wrapping)
Glue, tape, or a stapler
1.Fold a rectangular piece of paper in half, making a long, thin rectangle.
2.Make a series of cuts (about a dozen or more) along the fold line. Don't cut all the way to the edge of the paper.
3.Unfold the paper. Glue or staple the short edges of the paper together.
4.Cut a strip of paper 6 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Glue or staple this strip of paper across one end of the lantern - this will be the handle of the lantern.
5.Optional: Make a lot of lanterns and string them along a length of yarn. Decorate your room!
Photo credits: Shansekala.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror