Make a lantern for Chinese New Year.
Colored paper (construction paper or gift wrapping)
Glue, tape, or a stapler
1.Fold a rectangular piece of paper in half, making a long, thin rectangle.
2.Make a series of cuts (about a dozen or more) along the fold line. Don't cut all the way to the edge of the paper.
3.Unfold the paper. Glue or staple the short edges of the paper together.
4.Cut a strip of paper 6 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Glue or staple this strip of paper across one end of the lantern - this will be the handle of the lantern.
5.Optional: Make a lot of lanterns and string them along a length of yarn. Decorate your room!
Photo credits: Shansekala.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips