It makes a big difference.
Most of my early illustrations were created in Bryce. This is a program that can create some very nice landscapes. I've found some good tutorials that I've shared here that use Bryce.
Then I recently was able to purchase Carrara. Wow, what a difference! I still had wonderful control over the lighting, but the quality of the render engine and the speed of the render was eye-popping. I could bring out details in the fabrics much easier in Carrara then I ever could in Studio!. The two Regency Dresses are the same pose, different textures. But the main difference is in the detail available in the pink one, which was done in Carrara.
My point? Don't lock yourself into just one piece of software. Get the trial versions and play with them! You'll be amazed at what you can create!
Photo credits: Sandra Sims.
Nature and Wildlife Photography
- Best Camera Settings for Sports Photography
- Everything Changed After I Had A DSLR
- How to Pick a Camera Tripod
- How to Find Photography Backdrops
- Do you need Lightroom or Photoshop? Here's how you know
- These are a few of My Favorite Things: Eyes!
- A few inches can make all the difference!
- Dog Adoption Photography: Geronimo