Making Photo Shoots Work for You: Pageant Photos and Assignment Entry - Dreamstime
Hooray!!!I finally had an image accepted in the assignment challenge!
The beautiful young lady pictured here is my niece. She needed a photo for an upcoming school pageant so we found a great spot outside in the nearby mountains and began our photo shoot.
It was a lot of fun and we both got something out of it. She got a ton of great photos she can use for the pageant and I was able to add several photos to my dreamstime portfolio and, most exciting of all, I was able to have a photo elevated to level five when it was accepted to the current assignment.
As a photographer you will frequently be asked by friends and family to take photos of them because they know you will do a great job. Just don't be afraid to make the shoot work for you as well: 1)bring a model release form with you and get them to fill it out right away; 2) suggest that they wear clothing that dosen't have any logos, otherwise you will have to remove them later in photoshop; 3) take photos that you know fit dreamstime's strict framing and depth of field standards; and 4) shoot a varitey of images with different backgrounds, lighting, and mood. And, most importantly, have fun!
Photo credits: Aviahuismanphotography.
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images