Making Time to Get the Shot
Long story short... make time to get that shot in the best light possible! The city you see in these photos is Hartford, Connecticut, USA. I drive through it every morning stuck in rush hour traffic on my way to work. For many it's just a small city with not much to offer except a place to make your money. People are in a rush, filled with road rage, can't wait to get in and cant' wait to get out. I wanted to capture the city in a different "light."
Well, I waited.... I waited until the right day and showed up when the sun was setting. I knew my subject and how I wanted to capture it.
My reward was getting home and being able to process these photos with my home city bathed in yellow, orange, pink, purple, and blue. Thanks for reading!
Photo credits: Elephantopia.
All about color
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.