Man's Favorite Sport
If you are a fisherman or fisher woman you have many opportunities to capture your favorite sport. Always take a compact camera with in your pocket, jacket etc. and you can capture the day's events. The fish themselves are the main attraction with close-up macros of the head or coloration of your catch. Even if you do not catch anything, try taking photos of the gear used in fishing like rods and reels as well as sport fishing boats. Macros of fishing lures and other accessories can be taken. My best selling photo is of a sport fishing boat heading out to sea. Other possibilities are of people fishing at a pond, stream or seashore. Freshwater trout are one my favorite subjects as they are always very pretty. Many places now require their release. Conservation minded photos can also work. I have been fishing most of my life and will always enjoy this sport. Fishing is big business with over 35 million anglers in the United States. So get out there and shoot and bring home that big one.
Photo credits: Richard Gunion.
- The killer on the cover -- reading into the clues
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location