Man's Favorite Sport
If you are a fisherman or fisher woman you have many opportunities to capture your favorite sport. Always take a compact camera with in your pocket, jacket etc. and you can capture the day's events. The fish themselves are the main attraction with close-up macros of the head or coloration of your catch. Even if you do not catch anything, try taking photos of the gear used in fishing like rods and reels as well as sport fishing boats. Macros of fishing lures and other accessories can be taken. My best selling photo is of a sport fishing boat heading out to sea. Other possibilities are of people fishing at a pond, stream or seashore. Freshwater trout are one my favorite subjects as they are always very pretty. Many places now require their release. Conservation minded photos can also work. I have been fishing most of my life and will always enjoy this sport. Fishing is big business with over 35 million anglers in the United States. So get out there and shoot and bring home that big one.
Photo credits: Richard Gunion.
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles
- Tip of the week: Of Travelling and Planning
- Tips for Picking Fonts that Compliment Your Message not Distract From it
- Know Your Subject
- Bad Weather Photography: One Way to Salvage a Poor Day in A Good Location
- Engaging Bird Photography
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bozo