Hello everyone!Today I present the most beautiful part from the county of Maramures, Romania: Barsana Monastery and handicraftsman Toader Barsan.
Barsana Monastery is a gift and a blessing of God for the entire nation and Romanian orthodox church martyr for Christ through the testimony given over the centuries in its tumultuous history.
At Barsana, you most now live, go through the unique experience of walling the grace period. Happy who can testify:"And I was at Barsana".
Toader Barsan is the most famous character in Maramures, along with brothers Petreuş.For decades carving wood crosses, gates, icons, spoons and other wonders, keeping the tradition alive this ancient craft.Wood carving is the identity of Maramures.If you arrive by Maramures, go to Barsana and do not forget to pay a visit .. You'll learn many life stories....:)
Enjoy your holiday! Best regards!:)
Photo credits: Lenutaidi.
- Staying Put
- Tip of the week: Easily make attractive holiday graphics in photoshop
- Drone Photography - new blog contest
- Giving Tuesday is for the dogs (and cats!)
- Buyers Need The Ugly - Two
- Wildlife Rescue and a Photo Op
- Conceptual Photography: Designing for the Entertainment Industry.
- 10 years on Dreamstime