Often I need to be exposed to another artist to get turned back on, and then I'm blissfully lost, again, to these mediums I've chosen to work in (which revealed themselves through another's work, as infinitely translatable). Everything seems possible if only I could take the uninterrupted time that it requires to immerse myself in the meaning of the mediums and the poetry of the meaning. Secret understanding shimmers veiled in the dark corners of my mind.
I feel lucky...privileged to be working with such beautiful materials. They're pure. I want to understand them. I'm beginning to truly see the physical vitality of my chosen materials.
Photo credits: Elena Ray Microstock Library © Elena Ray.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror