Often I need to be exposed to another artist to get turned back on, and then I'm blissfully lost, again, to these mediums I've chosen to work in (which revealed themselves through another's work, as infinitely translatable). Everything seems possible if only I could take the uninterrupted time that it requires to immerse myself in the meaning of the mediums and the poetry of the meaning. Secret understanding shimmers veiled in the dark corners of my mind.
I feel lucky...privileged to be working with such beautiful materials. They're pure. I want to understand them. I'm beginning to truly see the physical vitality of my chosen materials.
Photo credits: Elena Ray Microstock Library © Elena Ray.
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory