A Matter of Expectations!
I Just thought of sharing you this as I was working on a new project & of course DT photos were involved...
Most of the times buyers imagine the use of the image before they download it! But the fact is that the photo doesn't always reach the final work for many reasons...
1. The final client didn't like it! "Differences make us stronger :))"
2. The photo needs much editing & it's easier to get another sometimes! "That doesn't make it ungood photo!"
3. Changing of plans... Like in magazines many times some articles end up unpublished! Or a change of the design that doesn't allow the image to fit well anymore!
4. The buyer has searched more carefully & found a nicer photo :)
This happens yes! Due to different keywords & searching methods!
If this happens to me I keep the image for a future use! So the expectations are always going on the right track, the same goes for the photographer, expecting his photo is already in use, but it will be later!
Photo credits: Maen Zayyad.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon