This Memorial Day I am making a vow to all my fellow comrades who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan that I will not allow their memory to be forgotten. I will use my photography to keep that memory alive. Even when there is only one OIF veteran alive (just like there is currently only one surviving WWI veteran), I am sure that people will always remember that brave men and women volunteered to fight for what they know is right and to support one another in some very dire straights.
Thanks to all the veterans that served before me and set a high standard of bravery, valor, and discipline that has made the US Army as successful as it has ever been. It is not due to technology, its due to guts. Without the example of men like 2LT Audie Murphy and MSG Shugart or MSG Gordon, our Army of volunteers would be lost.
Photo credits: Jason Schulz.
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles
- Tip of the week: Of Travelling and Planning
- Tips for Picking Fonts that Compliment Your Message not Distract From it
- Know Your Subject
- Bad Weather Photography: One Way to Salvage a Poor Day in A Good Location
- Engaging Bird Photography
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bozo