MERMAIDS. Total revenue $600
In my portfolio now - 120 images. Total revenue:$600.
Most POPULAR images - FANTASY MERMAIDS.
5 of my images selected as Editors Choice
My artworks are published in magazines of different countries (England, Australia, Italy, Russia) .
A mermaid is a legendary aquatic creature with the upper body of a woman and the tail of a fish.
Mermaids have been a popular subject of art and literature in recent centuries. Danish author Hans Christian Andersen wrote his popular fairy tale " The Little Mermaid " in 1836. They have subsequently been depicted in opera, paintings, books, films, and comics.
The first known mermaid stories appeared in Assyria, ca. 1000 BC. The goddess Atargatis, mother of Assyrian queen Semiramis, loved a mortal shepherd and unintentionally killed him. Ashamed, she jumped into a lake to take the form of a fish, but the waters would not conceal her divine beauty. Thereafter, she took the form of a mermaid—human above the waist, fish below—though the earliest representations of Atargatis showed her as a fish with a human head and arm, similar to the Babylonian god Ea. The Greeks recognized Atargatis under the name Derketo. Prior to 546 BC, the Milesian philosopher Anaximander proposed that mankind had sprung from an aquatic species of animal.
fantasy art by Alena Lazareva.
Photo credits: Alenalazareva.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava