Microstock doesn't work!
I bet a coffee You thought this post is a criticism about microstock and/or dreamstime!
Absolutely not! This is a suggestion to promote Your portfolio.
I discovered some weeks ago the hashtags and I started to use them immediately with some interesting result but I discovered that not all hashtags are useful. for example, MICROSTOCK, DREAMSTIME and PORTFOLIO are useless tags. They are too specific words so they attract few people. I suggest to use them few times.
Interesting thing I noticed is that WOMAN, NAKED, BODY are useful tags: something related to sex? Who knows!
Anyway I understand an important thing in the use of hashtags: it's important forget to be in a specific website.
When You used hashtags on twitter or facebook You have to remember that in these site there are persons who don't know microstock or dreamstime, so for an image, could be better write a comment like "wow, She has a couple of magnificent t**s" instead of "portrait of a beautiful woman etc...."
I hope this guide can helps You. When I have new informations I'll write them here.
Photo credits: Gheburaseye.
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day