MING STONE HORSE
This lifelike stone horse was carved with masterly skills in a simple,realistic style.The flowing lines and elaborate details produce an offect of both simplicity and richness.
Horse were used for riding in antiquity.In te Ming Dynasty,during the morningtally titual the procession of the emperor’s guards of honor included imperial herders who dispalyed horse,rhinoceroses and elephants south of the Civil and Military Tower.Among the stone sculpures flanking the path before the imperial grave are also horses,which symbolize the high prestige if the dead
Photo credits: Forshone.
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day