Model Releases in sports - What to do, what to do?
In addition to doing a lot of landscape photography I enjoy photographing rock climbers. I climb too, and it's a blast.
Often when I'm out on the rock I shoot friends I climb with, and other climbers around me. Sometimes I get the "perfect" shot of someone I don't know. By the time we wrap up they're gone. So, the big question....how do you shoot sporting events, the athletes, and round up a model release if you got their face in the shot?
I'll be reading around here more to see what others do. There's a stockpile of fun climbing photos on my hard drive, and I'd love to submit a few, but no model releases. :(
Photo credits: Richard Charpentier.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings