The monastery of Les Avellanes at Balaguer, Catalonia
On a week-end trip to the city of Balaguer (Lleida) we stayed during the night in the Monastery of Santa Maria de Bellpuig de les Avellanes which has been converted into a modern hotel but keeping the monasteries ambient (no TV in the rooms).
The ancient building itself has been kept and renovated so that it offers many interesting views and also historic data for those interested in the catalan middle-age.
It is possible to make several excursions by foot through the nearby vineyards, forests and wheat fields, the medieval village of Os de Balaguer is a few minutes by car as well as Balaguer it self which has impressive medieval walls, a castle and an interesting pedestrian area, don't miss the Saturday weekly market on the main square.
Photo credits: Hans-Peter Egert.
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)
- How to take better pictures of a butterfly?
- A New Sport for Many People