Moses Mabhida Stadium and Nelson Mandela
I am one of the official photographers for the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban, South Africa.
These two images are some what special in a way, I was commissioned to shoot the memorial service of Nelson Mandela, who died earlier this year.
The Durban leg of the memorial service was held at the Stadium, I decided to head down early and was greeted with this amazing sunrise it was as if Nelson was present. It was one of those mornings, not a breath of wind and perfect conditions, what better way to pay our respects to such an icon!!
The greatest glory in living, lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Nelson Mandela
Photo credits: Kierran Allen.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget