Moving from technically right to artistically interesting
I started to learn photography in January 2013 with a 3 months intensive school, when I learned the basics, and after the school I kept learning from different tutorials and books, trying out what I learned. Finally, after I changed entry level cropped frame Nikon to full frame Nikon, I started to get pictures I want. It was a constant effort and learning.
Now I got the technical side, but still am in a process to understand, what makes pictures attractive and interesting. I know some basic composition and color and other guidelines, and I now put effort in getting better results. Idea of stock photography makes me to work more, because now I feel like somebody might need what I create, and it gives inspiration and energy to think more and do more. Currently, I have not sold anything yet, but in hopes for it I keep going.
What I have understood, is that there are a lot of articles, that photography is not about gear. Do not believe it! Photography is about gear! I have seen and can compare what kind of pictures I can make with different cameras and lenses, and it is obvious, that better gear helps! And better most often means more expensive!
Photo credits: Actina.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite