MR library info - do check it !
This short reminder is directed especially to photographers shooting children (as the problem is more common there), but of course applies to all photos where people are involved.
You probably know that our Dreamfinder has a nice section where you can specify a model's gender, ethnicity and age. When you submit a new MR, and you are careful enough to state that a John is a Male, you use that MR for your next submissions with the same model.
Do you remember that people get older?
Adults can stay in their age range for years, so the issue is not that apparent, but for children, believe me, it is. It's a known fact that children grow fast, also in terms of Model Releases. Is you newborn baby model still under 1 year old, or maybe he/she is well past 5 now?
Our buyers rely on that Dreamstime search check boxes as they are more accurate than keywording. Why? Because looking for a 'boy' only in keywords can bring up a 'senior with bad boy look on his face' image.
What to do when you see you need to update? Just upload the same valid MR, but name in differently, say, create Joe Doe_5_9.
Then contact support providing the IDs for images you would like to have the new MR attached to.
Now, please, go to your MR library and perform a check. Do it for your sales :)
Photo credits: Kirsty Pargeter.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips