A musical beast
I wrote this a year ago. Today it was sent back to me by a friend to review. I thought I'd share it.
The soloist arrives to expectant applause. Her scarlet gown is blazing against the backdrop of the orchestra in black. She holds the violin but she does not play it. She instead, feeds the rampant notes with her entire being. I watch as the crimson clad figure is transformed. The violin possesses her, demanding her sacrifice. Her nimble fingers are flying over the strings until the air is heavy with the sparkling clarity of pure sound.
Rich strains of vibrant music fill the air with notes so tangible I want to touch them. I want to reach out and caress the strong lithe beast that has captivated my senses. The music begins to prowl. “Listen.” It is released from the instrument now and bounds down the aisles. “Pay attention,” it commands with a series of complex scales rising in an ever increasing crescendo until it pounces, screaming “LIVE!” in a supremely harmonic voice.
I am aware of being part of something approaching madness. With a blink, I watch as others come down with me and together we applaud this feat of acrobatic sound. We have been claimed, used for sport, and we beg for more. The heat from my palms belies my lady-like clapping. The applause comes in wave after wave and before the bow-mistress is allowed to depart we have achieved an encore that does not awaken the creature in the violin beyond a sleepy self-satisfied smirk. It is content to rest with a belly full of raw emotion until it rises again.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite