My artificial island made for insect macro shoots - Dreamstime
I made this micro-island from plastic, sand, rocks and seashells and I put on it various insects. A photo studio for these tiny "models".
Is very comfortable to shoot on this island, I can rotate it for good angle. This video show the moment when I put a can full of caterpillars over the spider, a really assault from the sky :)
Around the island is water, as you can see the caterpillars can swim but the spider was keept at place to do the web. I have another video with the spider and the web. The female spiders from photos bellow got babies on this island :) Her body is so big because she was pregnant.
I will put more videos on my blog: http://alveraphoto.blogspot.com/
Some photos from DT made on this island with the pregnant female spider:
Filmed with a Panasonic FZ-28.
Photo credits: , Alvera.
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone
- Tip of the Week: Of Rodents and Patience
- Location Spotlight: Vogel State Park, Georgia USA
- Dog Rescue Photography: Scared Lee
- Portfolio Milestone: 1000 images uploaded and accepted