My artificial island made for insect macro shoots
I made this micro-island from plastic, sand, rocks and seashells and I put on it various insects. A photo studio for these tiny "models".
Is very comfortable to shoot on this island, I can rotate it for good angle. This video show the moment when I put a can full of caterpillars over the spider, a really assault from the sky :)
Around the island is water, as you can see the caterpillars can swim but the spider was keept at place to do the web. I have another video with the spider and the web. The female spiders from photos bellow got babies on this island :) Her body is so big because she was pregnant.
I will put more videos on my blog: http://alveraphoto.blogspot.com/
Some photos from DT made on this island with the pregnant female spider:
Filmed with a Panasonic FZ-28.
Photo credits: , Alvera.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings