My Computer Broke And I Lost My Photos
Losing your photos can be the worst problem that can happen to a photographer. Your photo agency may have a big system crash and not be able to retrieve your photos, then what do you do!
After a shoot dump all your photos in a directory (I call it Photos to process) and then when you’re done Photoshopping the good ones, put them into a sub directory (I call it Uploads this month). Once approved you can add the files to a final directory (I call that one Dreamstime). Burn everything on a DVD, then as future photos get approved just add them to the final directory and add them to the DVD
To safe guard your photos (as well as everything else) from being lost forever whether it’s your fault or not, you need to backup your computer at least once a month to an external harddrive.
Now you have 3 copies of your Dreamstime photos:
2 External Backup Drive USB
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings
- Designing front covers with emotions - advise and contest entry