My Dreamstime anniversary.
It's my first DT anniversary today, whoa! Time flies, doesn't it. Time to look back and analyze what happened during this time.
As I look at the statistics chart, my first months were completely idle in building portfolio. I uploaded my first files in November. No wonder my first sale came no sooner than January. I had to learn tough lesson about being rejected and I had to improve my craft, for which I am very grateful, DT inspectors! :)
Then, all of a sudden, a customer contacted me because he wanted to buy the copyright to one of my photos. The half of 350$ was nice:) Yep, that lucrative SR-EL happened.
In April I made the decision to go exclusive on DT. So far, it seems to have been a good move.
I kept on uploading, finally, in April this year, things began to improve constantly. Almost every month was better than the one before. The trend continued even though it was that (presumably) slow in sales summer. Up till now my BME was July.
Referred members (i've got just a few) also began to add some cents to my income. Although it's just 10% of their sales, in long term it nicely adds up.
I started to set my goals: one DL a day - checked. two DL's a day - checked! Three? - No problem. Now, I only wish every month could be better than the previous one. And that's my wish for the next year. Oh yes, and let dollar get stronger!
My advice is: be persistent and patient. Build your portfolio. Let photography be your fun, don't expect to earn right away.
photos: My first downloaded shot (cathedral), my best seller (home interior)
Photo credits: Sebastian Czapnik.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe
- Enjoy Fall Photography
- Copy space importance for designers to make composite images
- Advise for new photographers - displaying and designing billboards
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa