My Dreamstime progress part 2
My last blog article was on the 6th of july. My target then was to get 100 pictures online but I did not reach that goal. I have 72 at this moment and some files pending. It's not that I got less enthusiastic or less inspirited but it's my job and children that takes lots of time and it has been very busy last week.
I will get that 100 pictures soon! I have 72 online at this moment and I think I have some good ones pending to get to 75 real quick.
I do think some of the Dreamstime staff is on vacation since my files are pending much longer than normal. ;)
But enough with the excuses and on to the progress. ;)
I sold my 7th photo today! I sold 6 photos of people and just 1 other subject. A fly on a leaf I did with my macro lens. I thought it would never sell since there are lots of other fly pictures but someone must have thought it was better for his use than the others! :) It sold for 3 credits and I earned $0.77 with it. My biggest profit on a sale so far! :) All the others sold for $0,24 to $0.42. They were al subscriptions and the fly was bought wit 3 credits. So I hope to get more of those!
Conclusion so far:
- people sell!
- the pictures that sold all sold before 20 views. Some of my photo's have 90 + views but did not sell yet. Except for the fly that sold at around 60 views.
- so far I would say that good pictures sell fast and lots of views doesn't mean it's a good picture. But I can only tell that on the long run.
- Earnings till now are $1.67 on sales and $14.40 on upload bonus.
- first upload was june 10 so I'm selling for 39 days now.
I am focusing on pictures of people now to see if it will bring more sales.
Will keep you all up to date in a few weeks and I will hopefully be far above 100 uploads! :)
Some of my work:
Photo credits: Marcel De Grijs.
- Playing Around With Design Editing Ideas
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster