My first 10 sales!!!
Today is a Sunday morning, the first working day of the week for us in the Middle East. Unlike in most countries worldwide, our weekend days off are on Friday and Saturday.
I was very happy to log on to my Dreamstime profile and see that I have made my first 10 sales!!!
For me, this is a great personal achievement! Even though it's a small milestone that I have reached, I am very happy about it! Let's not forget that even a journey of a thousand miles, begins with the first step..
My tenth sale was "Burj Dubai - At the top" and that is exactly how I feel today!! At the TOP!!!
The images below are the ones with most downloads and views, they are also my two most favorite pictures from the ones that I have been able to successfully upload:
Dubai Skyline at Sunset
Abu Dhabi Skyline
As a new member to Dreamstime (DT), I had many ups and downs. There were times that I got highly motivated from image sales and image approvals as well as highly demotivated upon image refusals and rejections!! However, I "chinned up" and kept uploading my work trying to improve each time, and it has indeed paid off, sales started picking up as well as number of image views.
Here are a few tips, I would like to share with new members of DT:
1) Patience! Be patient!!
2) Be positive and do not give up (when images are refused or rejected)
3) Read carefully through the reasons of rejections stated by DT reviewers and improvise on your pictures and clicking accordingly.
4) Increase portfolio exposure by answering open question on DT forums and message boards. Blog away! I strongly believe that portfolio exposure helps in pushing forward your images in search results
5) Read through all DT forums and message boards. Try and learn what stock photography is about. Use effective key-wording!
6) Click away!!
I wish all of you a pleasant start to your week. Looking forward to your comments.
With best wishes from Dubai,
Photo credits: Acedubai.
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars