My first experience as a buyer ;)
Unexpectidely the day came when I began to need pictures for site designs. Now I know a little bit of how people choose pictures. At least how I do this. Here is my first impression of the process.
1. I convert some of my income into credits.
2. I have in my mind a draft design and a picture which is missing.
3. I put the keywords in search and see what appears. If appears something different from what I expect I try different keyword combination.
4. Here a part of my photographers illusions begin to disappear, because:
- yes, the way icons look is important, but I upload a comp image to check the details and try if an image matches my design.
- yes, photographer's creativity and uniqueness of an image are cool things, but I'm searching for something exact, done in a certain style, so I can admire other wonderful pictures and probably save their numbers for future, but if they don't match my today's idea, I don't buy.
- yes, keywords are important, but - good news: if I don't see a relevant image immediately, I search as long as I need. even if it's 40 or 50 pages.
Later I promise to post here which pictures I buy and where they can be found (when sites are finished and published), but for now I have only my resume: the choice of picture is easy. IT MUST JUST MATCH. Nothing more.
Photo credits: Julia161.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava