My first illustration
Now let me start by saying I am not an artist. I have had no formal artistic training and everything I have learned is on the fly, so basically I am not very good, but I am learning.
I started to notice that illustrations seem to sell, at least the good ones, and I got interested in learning how to make them. I did some research online and in the message boards and got some basic skills. I started with basic shapes and shading etc.
Then I started to get serious and made my first illustration. After some contemplation I decided to give it a try and see if I could get it accepted, which it did.
I now have several more illustrations in the queue and several more in the works.
I find that working on illustrations is a great way to pass the time when you can not take pictures and I look forward to making many more.
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service
Related image searches
Acceptance related image searches
Photo credits: Mvogel.