My first illustration
Now let me start by saying I am not an artist. I have had no formal artistic training and everything I have learned is on the fly, so basically I am not very good, but I am learning.
I started to notice that illustrations seem to sell, at least the good ones, and I got interested in learning how to make them. I did some research online and in the message boards and got some basic skills. I started with basic shapes and shading etc.
Then I started to get serious and made my first illustration. After some contemplation I decided to give it a try and see if I could get it accepted, which it did.
I now have several more illustrations in the queue and several more in the works.
I find that working on illustrations is a great way to pass the time when you can not take pictures and I look forward to making many more.
Photo credits: Mvogel.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror