My first pro model experience
I hired a pro model mostly to shoot some concepts I thought of but more than that, to get some experience about how it feels to shoot with a pro.
The model arrived on time, wearing what I requested, with minimal make-up and simple hair as I asked her. I had a pro makeup artist with me for the shooting's requirements.
I had 4-5 concepts in mind and on paper (it really helps a lot to write them down, I found that by reading at this article). I wanted to shoot some couple shots but the other half (a male model) wasn't available for the time, so I focused on my other concepts.
The shooting took about 2 hours to complete (including the make-up touch-ups) and I ended up with about 250 photos which I think are all near-perfect regarding the model's poses.
That was actually my experiment's question: How many good shots can a pro model give compared to an amateur one?
My answer for that is about 2 out of the 3 shots are great!
So if you are wondering if you should hire a pro to do some shooting, give it a try! It really feels good when shooting with a professional model :)
Photo credits: Theodoros Batzakas.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror