My First Sale with Dreamstime
This image is My First Sale with Dreamstime and it happens to be one of my all time Favorites.
The reason is that for me it was the first time I was able to achieve an image that I have dreamed of... Having a Dramatic Mirror Effect.
And to think.... it almost never happened.
The day I shot this, I almost left the area not thinking any good images would come of this time and place.
I had looked thru my zoom lens and it just was not showing that great of an image for me. I thought I better move on to a better spot. Before I left, I decided to try another lens that I had just purchased. It was a wide angle lens. Immediately I knew it was what I was looking for and more.
I was so excited. I knew I had great potential for getting one of my most sought images. The Mirror Effect.
This image was taken at Pismo Beach California last winter during a rain storm. Everything came together just right to creat this image.
The tide was low . This allowed the beautiful stormy sky to mirror in the wet sand. With the wide angle it created a very dramatic look. It turns out that this lens has been a wonderful tool for my photography. It is a Canon 10-22 f3.5 lens.
I don't go anywhere without it now.
This image has helped create my first sale with Dreamstime and I am so happy that others may enjoy my favorite photograph.
That is my main purpose.... to have photographs that other will enjoy.
Photo credits: Beth Sargent.
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?