My first year in DT
Time flies! It seems yesterday when I registered in DT and it was one year ago. One Year in DT. Wow!
I am just a photography lover, and I thought “Can I earn some Money with my passion?” And looking thought Internet I discovered some Micro stock Photography web sites.
Obviously at the beginning and thinking the best way to earn more Money was to be registered user at most sites possible. I started to upload images and more images in all sites I found and not a lot later I discover that it wasn’t the right way, because it makes me to spend a lot of time to know the different sites and different philosophies on accepting images. My surprise was that this effort and time didn’t make me “more Rich” than before.
Then, after an exhaustive study of all sites I knew, I decide to become an exclusive photographer for the best Micro stock web site (considering traffic, easy manages, percentages on earnings…): DREAMSTIME. And to become as exclusive I just had to wait to have 50 accepted images on line.
These are my Lumber in my first year:
Accepted images: 162
Refused images: 561
Sales earnings: $54.53
Total earnings: $93.13
And next year? I have decide some new personal targets on DT:
1. Get a better acceptance rate (now it is just some more than 22%). I’m still learning
2. Get more than 350 images on line
3. Increase my ratio on downloads per image (now “just” 0.36)
4. Promote this excellent site to my friends and colleagues.
Top ratio conversion
Photo credits: Antoni Vicens.
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs
- Helping more than the dogs