my key steps in DreamsTime as a photographer
I decided to write my very first DreamsTime blog after I got my first 100 online, so here's the one -- my key steps in DT:
I bought a NIKON D80 this year and happen to know my first microstock site DreamsTime in a BBS,
At that time I have no idea what stock photography is like, so my acceptance ratio drops dramatically, I even didn't notice there is such a ratio in DT until I can only upload 3 images a day. And finally I got this picture -- my daughter -- approved
But I was not frustrated and kept playing with my new camera and DT, the effort was rewarded soon, I got one SALE on my 6th photo, which is only within 2 views.
So I bought books and study each websites I found, I store useful materials in my little territory: http://walklens.blogbus.com/
The following days are hard until I shoot animals in Beijing Zoo
I begin to have some feelings of DreamsTime.
I tried people and here's the first model I found in internet,
Don't forget I even took a editorial picture of a celebrity.
And until yesterday, I got my first 100 online
and a good news: one of my photo will be used in a textbook
The days in DreamsTime really help me improve my skills in photography and I'm glad to see people acknowledge my pictures, so I'm now dreaming to become a professional, or at least semi-pro photographer.
Hope this dream become true in the near future.
Thank you all!
Photo credits: , Williamju.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon