My Seashells collection
Seashells - tossed by waves,
bleached by the sun, and they hold
an ocean within.
A little haiku I wrote for fun to go with my seashell collection. I collected these shells from various tropical beaches, over a few years whenever i get to take a holiday by the sea. Some are smooth and white, some are spiny and delicately striped. Some are tiny and pink, and they all look perfectly made in their own way.
I made these high key photographs of them on white background with a sprinkling of sand to make the still life more natural looking. Also i took some pictures in diffused light for a softer mood, while some i took in sunlight so that the shadows show up the sculptural shapes of the shells.
I hope you like my seashell collection too ~ :)
Photo credits: Joanne Zhe.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips