My Seashells collection
Seashells - tossed by waves,
bleached by the sun, and they hold
an ocean within.
A little haiku I wrote for fun to go with my seashell collection. I collected these shells from various tropical beaches, over a few years whenever i get to take a holiday by the sea. Some are smooth and white, some are spiny and delicately striped. Some are tiny and pink, and they all look perfectly made in their own way.
I made these high key photographs of them on white background with a sprinkling of sand to make the still life more natural looking. Also i took some pictures in diffused light for a softer mood, while some i took in sunlight so that the shadows show up the sculptural shapes of the shells.
I hope you like my seashell collection too ~ :)
Photo credits: Joanne Zhe.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon