My Seashells collection
Seashells - tossed by waves,
bleached by the sun, and they hold
an ocean within.
A little haiku I wrote for fun to go with my seashell collection. I collected these shells from various tropical beaches, over a few years whenever i get to take a holiday by the sea. Some are smooth and white, some are spiny and delicately striped. Some are tiny and pink, and they all look perfectly made in their own way.
I made these high key photographs of them on white background with a sprinkling of sand to make the still life more natural looking. Also i took some pictures in diffused light for a softer mood, while some i took in sunlight so that the shadows show up the sculptural shapes of the shells.
I hope you like my seashell collection too ~ :)
Photo credits: Joanne Zhe.
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!