My travel diary: spa Teplice, Czech republic - Dreamstime
My father was born in Teplice an met my mum there 37 years ago. I never had live there. But my boyfriend is from Teplice too, I met him 100 km far away in Prague. Life is funny sometimes.
So I visited this spa city before few weeks. Teplice was found in 13th century and named after hot springs (word "teply" means "hot" in czech). The greatest development was in 18th century and Teplice was visited by Beethowen, Goethe and Wagner for examples. Some houses are called by their names.
Before World War II. Teplice was anexed to Germany. After war Teplice was returned to Czech.
Teplice is near by coal mines due to were many historic buildings destroyed and many ugly buildings were built until communistic era.
In my opinion Teplice is the city of many contrasts. It is half-empty city with hight criminality and race problems between gypsies, muslims and whites in the fact. But Teplice is also place with great pieces of historic architecture, wonderful parks, many old churches and famous bath resort.
Photo credits: , Sarkao.
- Location Spotlight: Mitchelville Beach, Hilton Head Island
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather