My Unusual hobby
Well....amongst my hobby's, I have one that is rather unusual. I'm part of a team which maintains theatre pipe organs...The Mighty Wurlitzer.
For quite some time I've been helping out with looking after the very last Wurlitzer organ to come to the UK. The "old girl" as we call her, is still in it's original home and the specification as original as the day it was installed in 1939.
The Blackpool Opera House Wurlitzer was specified by Horace Finch - then organist of the Empress Ballroom, playing on an identical instrument to that in the World famous Tower Ballroom.
So I just thought over time I'd mix my hobby of photography with my hobby and passion for these rare and special instruments. It's a privilege to be able to work with the last remaining Wurlitzer in a theatre in the UK and keep it playing for all sorts of events for generations to come.
Photo credits: Rossmcneillie.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings