N/a sales, how do they work?
Now I can tell you for sure how it works.
As an architect I have some periods of the year in wich I have few work and periods in wich I can't stop because I have too much to do.
So when I have few work I use to work for Dt, creating new images, writing blogs, answering on the forum,... In these days I have a lot of n/a sales!
This means that buyers can see my latest images on line, my new posts and click on my profile, finding some images that can be suitable for them.
In these periods I use to have more downloads, but less rpd because of many subscriptions. This probably means that buyers sailing on Dt looking around for nice images are users with a subscription pack.
In these few monthes I had a lot to do as an architect, so I havn't been working for Dt.
The good news is that I have been going selling ;)
And the interesting thing is that they all are images sold with a keyword!
As I hadn't activity on the site to generate links to my profile, my only sells have been from buyers looking for a specific image! And I had really few subscribtions!
I think this can means two important things:
1- more that you are active on Dt, more that you sell
2- if you can't be active for a while don't matter, you can sell less images, but you can sell as well!
Photo credits: Trottola.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images