Nafplio, first capital of greece
Nafplio has been the first modern capital of greece.
It was one of the oldest settlement of greece,
and was populated by the mycenian civilization.
More recently around the 18th century, the venitian used
and protected the harbour of naplio for trade purpose.
There is a lot to see in this area : beautiful landscapes, nice seaside,
ruins and archeoligical sites. Nafplio has still kept her old city center which is very nice and quiet. The palimidi fortress is an incredible
castle and walks along the seaside are very charming. The harbour is famous for its bourtzi castle which is very nice.
It's a common stop for tourists and cruiseboats visiting greece.
all the pictures here were took in nafplio.
Photo credits: , Olivier Meerson.
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Colors in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities
- Foreign Jorō Invasion!!!