Napa Lake-Yunnan Explorer
At the northern end of Zhongdian's plain is Napa Lake, a beautiful marshland and an important wintering ground for the black-necked crane and other wild fowl.
In spring the meadow is in full flowers with the bleak mountains as backdrop.
In summer, after the rains, the water level rises, but in winter it almost dries up again.
A small tourist operation runs the place today, hiring out horses to the many Chinese tourists arriving.
Closer to the lake an ugly cement tower has been built as an observation platform for the birds.
Photo credits: , Abc Abc.
- Just For the Love of Nature
- The killer on the cover -- reading into the clues
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco