Napa Lake-Yunnan Explorer
At the northern end of Zhongdian's plain is Napa Lake, a beautiful marshland and an important wintering ground for the black-necked crane and other wild fowl.
In spring the meadow is in full flowers with the bleak mountains as backdrop.
In summer, after the rains, the water level rises, but in winter it almost dries up again.
A small tourist operation runs the place today, hiring out horses to the many Chinese tourists arriving.
Closer to the lake an ugly cement tower has been built as an observation platform for the birds.
Photo credits: , Abc Abc.
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally
- Science Fiction Art: Selling Your Story!
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles
- Tip of the week: Of Travelling and Planning
- Tips for Picking Fonts that Compliment Your Message not Distract From it
- Know Your Subject
- Bad Weather Photography: One Way to Salvage a Poor Day in A Good Location