Napa Lake-Yunnan Explorer
At the northern end of Zhongdian's plain is Napa Lake, a beautiful marshland and an important wintering ground for the black-necked crane and other wild fowl.
In spring the meadow is in full flowers with the bleak mountains as backdrop.
In summer, after the rains, the water level rises, but in winter it almost dries up again.
A small tourist operation runs the place today, hiring out horses to the many Chinese tourists arriving.
Closer to the lake an ugly cement tower has been built as an observation platform for the birds.
Photo credits: , Abc Abc.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget