New accounting requirements and taxes
A few days before, I got a mail from DT ( and I think, all other contributors got it too), which asked the contributors to comply with certain tax law, and submit certain formats from their countries tax authorities.
This all seemd too complex for me, and untill now, I have not been able to fully read that mail + refer to all the links that are there.
There was something in that mail, that talked about some 30% tax to be deducted from my sale to a US buyer. It is a very hard earned and slow trickle money that we contributors get from sale here.
But, by the time, I have been pondering over it, and postponing the reading + understanding it for "tomorrow" everyday, today I came across a good explanation in a blog at DPS.
It gave quite a good understanding at least of the law behind it.
So, I thought, it would be good to share it with every one here at DT.
Please check the link "New Accounting Requirements for American Phographers"
Specially comments by David Mcree.
Hope, it is useful to every one.
It would be great, if some one can give more insight, how this law will effect those contributors who are not in Amarica.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget