New life for the old photo
I love old photos from our family archive. Most of them are black and white, and don't pretend to be of high quality. But they've a soul of some sort. And sometimes - interesting ideas.
unfortunately, they were done with primitive camera and developed and home then. They're not professional and have special meanings only to my family and me.
But I thought of the ideas... And tried to give old photos a new life - as illustrations.
And this is an alley near my home. I always liked the contrast: metal and concrete constructions on one side of the road and birch trees - on the other. Nature vs. Technology.
I will continue what I began: more of our old photos will become illustrations, in new colors and with slightly different forms sometimes, but with the same idea.
Photo credits: Makarova Olga.
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory