New stock fashion word or soon to be reality: Midstock
Midstock or better said stock photo's sold for between 10 to 100 dollars instead of 1 to 5.
The word midstock is so fashionable new that they did not even yet decide on the proper definition yet.
It comes, very rudely spoken to this:
The big expensive stocks will realize they can't compete with microstock any longer and will lower their prices. NOT to a microstock level but in between micro and Big.
Microstock will realise, they have become so popular that they can rise their prizes a bit and earn more for their contributors AND theirselves.
Not towards the prices of the high rolers but somewhere in between.
Midstock is born.
I for one think these guys have a point but of course Danielle and I are hoping Midstock will come our way.
Photo credits: Sebastian Kaulitzki.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon